When shopping for a BI software suite or just to give your company an entry-level capability, be conscious of the trends and differences in key terminology between vendors.
Information Builders, in their WebFOCUS product describes the following capabilities:
· Reporting – Web and browser based tools that provide executives, analysts, customers, and partners to rapidly create rich, formatted reports from enterprise data.
· Query and Analysis – Providing the functionality of query tools, reporting tools, and OLAP into one solution.
· Visualization – Visual Discovery allows in-depth intuitive analysis from any enterprise data source.
· Transaction Systems – Maintain is a high performance solution for building and deploying BI to concurrent users.
Comparatively, Cognos, and its Cognos 8 product describes:
· Reporting – Web services-based tools that report against all operational systems, OLAP, and relational data sources.
· Analysis – Explore and analyze information from OLAP or dimensionally aware, relational sources using drag and drop, comparative or predictive techniques.
· Scorecarding – Link initiatives and projects to strategy and metrics.
· Dashboards – Web-based at-a-glance sna
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.
The Performance Manager Hand Book
Get your free copy of the new Cognos book for performance managers. Learn how to find the performance sweet spots in your department from the Executive Suite to Finance, HR, Marketing and more.